Using Terraform and Consul to delegate service deployment to service teams
Feb 20, 2019
James Nugent, formerly a HashiCorp engineer, discusses Terraform—a tool for managing infrastructure as code—and Consul, a tool for service discovery, health checking, and key-value storage.
Senior Software Engineer, Joyent
In this demo-led talk, James Nugent explains how Terraform and Consul help organizations implement service-oriented architectures, and adopt a DevOps philosophy.
- Introduction to Terraform and Consul
- How infrastructure as code makes multi-cloud easy
- Layered Terraform configurations
- Autonomous deployment
- Service instances self-bootstrapping into Consul
- Health checking
- Building common HA patterns with Consul