» Deferred functions in Puppet 6 unlocks new authentication methods and workflows
The release of Puppet 6 came with a new feature, deferred functions; functions that are agent-based rather than master based. This allows us much deeper leverage of Vault: instead of being locked into a more basic hiera hierarchy, we can use any authentication method available to us on the agent side, including leveraging the existing CA from the Puppet master with the Vault certificate backend.
In this webinar, Peter Souter will demonstrate how the new deferred function feature in Puppet 6 can be used to perform Vault lookups from an agent side and how this allows for new workflows for secrets management with Vault when using Puppet as a configuration management tool.
» Join us to learn:
- How to configure the Vault cert backend with the Puppet CA certificates
- Using the vault_lookup function to leverage the cert backend for authentication
- Leveraging other auth methods for Vault lookups from a Puppet agent
- 8:00 - 8:10 AM Introductions: Lin Ling (HashiCorp)
- 8:10 - 8:45 AM Presentation
- 8:45 - 8:55 AM Q&A
- 8:55 - 9:00 AM Closing remarks and last call for questions
Everyone who registers for the webinar will receive a link to the webinar recording after post-processing (usually 1-2 days).