HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
We are looking for an individual contributor Manager to own R&D and Cloud COGS spend management. This role reports to the Director of R&D FP&A. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has a strong understanding of financial statement analysis, unit economics, GAAP accounting and spend accrual processes, and can apply those principles to software development activities and infrastructure operations.
In this role you can expect to...
- Be a key strategic and operational partner to R&D Finance business partners and R&D leadership in driving spend management, accountability and optimization through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop analytical frameworks and processes to drive spend optimization and efficiencies in partnership with R&D leadership and Finance business partners (e.g. AWS optimization, managing R&D test and development expenses per employee, and reducing consumption costs associated with third party software).
- Review Software Development activities to assess if they meet capitalization criteria
- Perform month-on-month, quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year analysis on spend at various levels of granularity (e.g. cost center/department, P&L line item level, unit economics).
- Partner with budget owners, R&D Finance business partners and Accounting to ensure timely and accurate end of month and end of quarter spend accruals through vendor-supplied usage reports and comparison of open POs vs. approved budget.
- Partner with R&D leadership on creating line item level budget visibility and accountability.
- Manage the financial and administrative process around inter-departmental budget and headcount transfers in partnership with Finance, Accounting, HR and business leaders.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative discipline, CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in tech corporate finance/accounting including expense management
- Strong knowledge of how GAAP rules apply to software development environments
- Familiarity with heavily used AWS services including S3, EC2, and RDS
- Ability to communicate with Engineers and to influence them to take action based on your recommendations
- Experience with Cloudability, CloudHealth, CloudZero or another FinOps tool preferred
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: