About the Role
As a Resident Architect at HashiCorp, you will be responsible for delivering expert guidance relating to the people, processes, and workflows that support the successful enablement of our largest customers in their cloud journey. Rather than focusing on deployment and management of specific HashiCorp tools, the primary goal of the Resident Architect program is to assist the customer in aligning their employees, internal processes, and workflows with the Cloud Operating Model, paving the way for ongoing and sustainable success with the HashiCorp tool suite as part of the customer cloud transformation journey.
Typical Resident Architect duties will include anything from assisting the customer with identifying the appropriate talent to support a particular HashiCorp tool, to building out a full managed service offering, to coordinating successful adoption and growth of that service across the business.
An ideal candidate will have a successful track record in leading sustainable customer technical transformation, with a focus on people, processes, and workflows supporting that transformation. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted technical advisor to customer and business leaders in their pursuit of fully realizing the Cloud Operating Model as part of a larger cloud transformation effort.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Provide both general and specific guidance on each step of the customer cloud transformation journey as it relates to the HashiCorp product suite.
- Assist customers in aligning people, processes, and workflows with the Cloud Operating Model.
- Contribute towards building a mutli-cloud adoption framework.
- Articulate and redefine the cloud consumption model in light of Hashicorp Tao of Workflows.
- Assist Enterprise CxOs in articulating the business value achieved in building the correct cloud consumption model.
- Help increase developer velocity whilst satisfying the objectives of governance, risk & controls.
- Communicate the business value of the HashiCorp product suite to customer executives.
- Articulate the technical functionality of HashiCorp products to multiple audiences ranging from practitioner to executive.
- Educate and advise customer users on how HashiCorp tools can enable and even simplify adoption of the Cloud Operating Model as part of their cloud transformation journey.
- Coordinate various HashiCorp professional services resources to assist with specific customer needs as part of their technical transformation.
- Educate individual contributors on best practices regarding system administration, service administration, automation, and observability.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 7 or more years of designing and implementing technical systems and services.
- A deep understanding of DevOps processes and automation.
- The ability to work well in group environments and independently.
- A proven track record of assisting with or driving cloud transformation at one or more organizations.
- A basic to intermediate understanding of one or more HashiCorp products.
- Passion for thought leadership in areas including cloud operating model and organizational transformation, cloud operations, or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Experience managing cloud maturity and capability assessments, leading the design and implementation of cloud governance and operational processes, and developing cloud transformation roadmaps.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers and their offerings, common technical platforms, and shared service management at scale.
- The ability to speak to all levels of an organization, whether at a deep technical level or at executive level.
- The ability to explain complex technical topics in simple terms.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: