About the role:
This role leads the engineering teams for HashiCorp’s infrastructure product line, Terraform and Packer. You will help grow and mature delivery of these products in all forms: open source, Enterprise and Cloud. This role works closely with various functional teams to ensure delivery and adoption of our Infrastructure products, with a focus on innovation and delivering high quality experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a leader who embodies modern practices and has an exceptionally strong foundation in engineering culture and process driven solutions. You must have demonstrated a high level of cross functional collaboration given the large number of stakeholders.
Experience in delivering reliable, secure and scalable Cloud-based services will be critical for success. The role will require experience leading large teams and working on a product line with significant revenue goals used in business critical customer environments.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead a highly visible, high-impact organization to deliver against critical business goals
- Hire, manage, and lead a team of highly technical engineering directors to implement world class solutions across the portfolio
- Develop and continually improve automation, processes, procedures, activities, metrics and enabling technology for all components of the portfolio described above
- Partner closely with all functional leaders to set and incorporate business objectives, and strategy, and then ensure effective delivery of services and systems that meet our objectives
- Influence and grow a strong engineering culture within the organization
- Work closely with various field organizations to ensure successful customer adoption
- Work on bootstrapping new projects in the adjacent problem space
- Mentor, grow, and develop the engineering leadership team in the product line
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 15+ years of experience in world-class technical organizations
- Built and managed a team of 120+ engineers
- Experience with commercial product development, including collaborating with go to market teams
- Deep passion for modern infrastructure/Cloud/SaaS practices
- Demonstrated track record of highly collaborative cross functional work
- Demonstrated track record of growth in complex organizations
- Experience working in medium size companies (1500+ employees) that are growing and scaling rapidly
- Experience working in a fully remote organization is a bonus (pre-pandemic, structured remote)
- Experience in delivering a highly scalable and secure Cloud based product line, preferably in the infrastructure space.
- Strong focus on execution
- Cultural alignment with HashiCorp’s principles
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: