About the Role
It is the mission of the HashiCorp Developer Advocate to work in dual parts, externally with our incredible community of practitioners, and internally with our product and engineering teams.
You will be responsible for forming relationships and helping the practitioner understand the features of our tools, and the patterns and standard methodologies of their use. You will also be the voice of the practitioner at HashiCorp, providing feedback on bugs, creating feature requests, building supporting tools, writing documentation, and improving the overall developer experience. This means incorporating our tao and principles into your work. If this resonates with you, please apply!
This role is all about representing and supporting the HashiCorp developer community, and we are looking for someone who can share their passion for our products while leading the way in the DevOps space.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define, encourage, and drive the adoption of HashiCorp tools with the community.
- Build compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to highlight features and demonstrate solutions to engineering problems, industry developments, and emerging technologies with HashiCorp tools with an emphasis on our Secure line: Vault and Boundary.
- Prototype new projects and technical integrations between HashiCorp products and tools in the broader ecosystem.
- Collaborate with internal teams on the product roadmap, market positioning, messaging, and developer program initiatives.
- Support the product team in helping to analyze, update, re-design, and craft compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with HashiCorp tools.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows, and press events.
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers and operators.
- Assist in driving the global expansion of existing community-focused programs, for example, Hackathons, User Groups, Meet-ups, Community and DevOps events.
- Build links with community enthusiasts in the field to improve the experience of the open-source developer community.
- Share standard methodologies and help build a best-in-the-industry Advocacy organization.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Production experience with HashiCorp Vault
- Experience with any HashiCorp tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or meaningful work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in coordination with, and gain the respect of engineers and software developers in the security space
- Experience writing code, supplying and understanding the community mechanisms of open source projects
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts, patterns and ecosystem
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Willing to travel to conferences, meetups, and other events as safety allows
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: