About the role
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Data Engineering - this role will help lead HashiCorp’s IT data engineering effort across a wide range of data systems and tools with the primary goal of delivering data for deeper integration, enhanced capabilities, and impactful analytics. This role will work closely with a data integration team, product engineering, as well as data analysts to deliver end to end optimization and support of the data life cycle. Key projects include the creation and support of an enterprise data warehouse, data prep for prescriptive and predictive modeling, data analytics for process improvement, data acquisition for future use cases, and many others.
In this role you can expect to:
- Develop a secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable and cost-effective Data platform software and services in a multi-Cluster environment.
- Partner with FP&A, WWFO, Infosec, and development teams across the entire enterprise to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering projects on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Establish patterns for re-use, standards and best practices for Data Engineering & Analytics such that data timeliness and quality are maximized.
- Partner with the Audit, Compliance and Governance leaders to ensure data is secured and conforms to the guidelines laid out by the organization and the industry.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities related to Big Data Platform. Interface with cross functional leaders and represent point of views to drive measurable success.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's in computer engineering, computer science or related area.
- 3+ years proven experience in developing and deploying data pipelines, preferably in the Cloud
- 3+ years proven experience in building data warehouse platforms in dealing with star & snowflake schemas as well as slowly changing dimensions.
- 3+ years of strong experience with SQL and stored procedures
- 2+ years of Experience of working with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Expertise in Snowflake architecture and setting up the full Environment
- 2+ years of proven expertise in creating pipelines for real time and near real time integration working with different data sources - flat files, XML, JSON, Avro files and databases
- 2+ years of experience with at least one programming language like Python, Java or Scala
- Knowledge on Big Data platforms and applications is a plus.
- Knowledge for handling exceptions and automated re-processing and reconciling
- Passion for Data Quality with an ability to integrate these capabilities into the deliverables
- Prior use of Big Data components and the ability to rationalize and align their fit for a business case
- Experience in working with different data sources - flat files, XML, JSON, Avro files and databases
- Proficiency in techniques for slowly changing dimensions
- Ability to integrate into a project team environment and contribute to project planning activities
- Experience with implementation plans and schedules and preparing documentation for the jobs according to the business requirements
- Translate ambiguous and complex situations to clear measurable plans
- Ability to work with people across the organization and skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different audiences.
- Experience with critical applications like Salesforce, Netsuite, Anaplan, Marketo and other Marketing, Sales, SaaS platforms
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: