HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
On the Consul team, we help organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. The customers and large community of users of our tools are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve.
Consul started as an infrastructure management tool for service discovery and health checking, and has evolved to become a full-featured service mesh. Some of the functionality you’ll be working on will include proxy integrations, Envoy’s xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented Intentions. You’ll be an active contributor to the service mesh ecosystem, following new developments in emerging technology and competitive offerings, looking for opportunities for product differentiation, and rethinking product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
In this role you can expect to:
- Build and architect distributed systems for service connectivity across heterogeneous environments (Kubernetes, VMs, bare metal data center or edge deployments).
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers, as well as the larger Consul community.
- Participate in user research studies and discussions with product managers and customers to better understand the network topologies, challenges, and constraints for which operators are trying to solve, and leverage those insights when approaching feature design and implementation.
- Propose new functionality or substantive changes through written documents in an async process, describing the problem background, proposed implementation and example UX, then iterating on peer feedback collaboratively.
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing, release and support.
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on an infrastructure or platform team building internal tooling to deploy, connect and monitor them.
- Empathy for the people operating, learning, teaching and supporting software you write, and consider their experience when making design decisions and performance, security or complexity tradeoffs.
- Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
- Awareness of the broader service mesh ecosystem and an interest in contributing to a full-featured product offering while reducing complexity and barriers to adoption for practitioners.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway! #LI-AH1
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: