As HashiCorp continues to grow its product portfolio and customer base, we are continuously looking for the best talent for our Support Engineering teams.
So what is Support Engineering at HashiCorp?
These are our customer-facing teams that provide deep technical support for our Cloud product portfolio - Terraform (CLI), Terraform Cloud, and HashiCorp Platform (HCP). Beware, these are not call center or service desk roles. Although our scope includes answering some “how to” questions and some request fulfillment, the majority of our tickets require product expertise and thorough investigation, at times working with Engineering to fix product defects in the code. Many of our clients are IT Experts and Engineers, so you can expect to be collaborating with peers to solve interesting issues.
We are looking for experienced professionals who are passionate about helping customers but also love learning new products and supporting them as they evolve rapidly.
Are you excited about Cloud technologies and helping people use Cloud products in their daily business and share our obsession with world-class customer experiences? And if you are a self-motivated, results-driven, tech-savvy and curious-by-design problem-solver - we would love to hear from you.
It sounds quite challenging, right? So what can HashiCorp offer to attract, keep and encourage the world’s best talent?
In addition to our Principles and amazing Culture, we also offer:
Learning and growth opportunities. Working with the most innovative products in the Cloud space, working with global customers and their Engineers, working on products that are rapidly evolving - you will never stop learning while working in Support Engineering. Once you are an expert at your level, we offer Senior Support Engineer and Technical Lead roles within the same team so if successful - you can have a fantastic journey with us.
Flexibility and a remote-first environment. Although most of our customers are US-based, the team in Bulgaria is working between normal office hours and you will have flexibility to select a shift that suits you during those hours. We offer the opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or any other location, but we like to see each other at the office once a week to collaborate, exchange ideas, and have a meal together.
Additional benefits. Additionally to your compensation package, we offer a generous monthly allowance for your mobile phone and internet bills, as well as coffee and snacks for your home office. Although we will provide new equipment for you, as a new starter, you will also be awarded a budget for additional electronic equipment and home office furnishings. We also want to invest in your learning and development so you will receive an annual training budget you can use for external courses.
So let’s get specific - this is what your ongoing work at HashiCorp would look like.
- Triage, troubleshoot and solve incoming support tickets in Zendesk using own knowledge and the product knowledgebase to meet our quality bar and SLAs
- Escalate out of scope tickets to Engineering and other internal teams but own the customer communication until they are resolved
- Handle Sev-1 tickets according to our process
- Contribute to improving the product documentation and support knowledgebase
- Collaborate with Engineering and participate in beta testing for new product features
- Give actionable feedback to improve processes and tools
- Learn from feedback and ticket-based coaching provided to ensure outstanding customer experiences
- Reporting to a Support Engineering Manager locally
- Part of a team that is rapidly growing - 15 Engineers in 2022, expecting to grow to 25 in the first half of 2023
- Work 8 hours during the Bulgaria business hours (7am to 7pm local time)
- Work remotely 4 days and in the office 1 day per week
- Be available for weekend stand-by once every 4-6 weeks (only in case of Sev-1)
Sounds like hard work? We definitely expect you to be hard-working but our aim is that you feel supported, confident, accomplished and successful so here is how we help you achieve that.
During the first 90 days:
- Welcome to HashiCorp - company onboarding (approx. 1 week)
- Terraform Cloud training - self-paced training about our platform and product, including a practical assignment and sample tickets to solve
- Mentoring from a Sr. Support Engineer to accelerate learning
- First tickets - your mentor will assign your first tickets, and they will check your troubleshooting and response before it is sent to the customers
- When you are ready, you can start working on tickets independently with a whole team of product experts to support you in case you need it
Your ideal background for this role:
- At least 2 years of Customer Support, Support Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- Linux - usage, support or administration
- Network support or engineering
- Version Control Systems e.g. GitHub
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal