About the role
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) is an important and strategic role with responsibility for achieving or exceeding performance metrics including revenue, pipeline, new business and services delivered through development and management of a portfolio of partners.
Experience of having built partnerships from scratch that delivered hyper growth results based on the opportunity in the market is important.
Results to be achieved by facilitating strong planning sessions that capture joint goals, a strategy to achieve them and focused execution. Plans to include measurable outcomes, practice development, technical enablement, services capability development, business development, demand generation and executive alignment with regular stakeholder management and reviews. PDM to leverage joint alliances and partnerships with the hyper-scalers/cloud services providers (AWS, Microsoft and Google) and other technology alliance programs.
The candidate must be able to facilitate and evangelize HashiCorp’s value proposition to the partner, the partner's value proposition to HashCorp’s worldwide field organization, build a joint value proposition to customers and alliances and be a trusted advisor to all.
A solid understanding of the cloud market and the challenges customers face with cloud adoption is important as PDM’s need to both influence and advise the partner on how to modernize and mature their cloud practices to be enterprise and multi-cloud ready by reviewing and influencing cloud adoption frameworks.
Reporting to the Partner and Alliances Regional Leader, the PDM will be a key member of the extended Partner team and will have geo responsibility for their assigned partners. Building a strong collaborative environment with Partner Sales Engineering and Partner Marketing to deliver outcomes from joint plans and develop and grow partners business.
- Achieve or exceed all targets, metrics and MBO’s
- Building commitment, capability, capacity, coverage and cultural alignment with named partners
- Establish and build joint business plans for focus partners that align to sales/services goals through developing named partners
- Build trusted relationships at all levels, facilitate executive alignment and commitment with partner and HashiCorp that deliver results
- Business development through creation of sales plays and programmatic approaches that connect HashiCorp portfolio with partners IP
- Facilitate account mapping, joint account planning and alignment with field sales for joint success
- Identify joint expansion services pursuits and large transformational services opportunities
- Work with the PSE and assigned partners to facilitate the development of vertical and horizontal solutions leveraging HashiCorp products
- Own partner MDF plans and collaborating on budgets with Partner Geo leader for accelerating pipeline
- Monitor and report on partner capabilities, expansion services opportunities, and partner scorecard
- Execute and coordinate QBRs with partners including key stakeholders on both sides
- Manage and drive partner engagement with HashiCorp sales organization
- 10+ years working in the IT industry ideally with experience
- Builder, business development, challenger, growth mindset
- Strategic thinking with ability to roll up sleeves and execute on strategy
- 5+ years of experience developing partnerships
- Cloud knowledge including benefits and challenges customers face with cloud adoption
- Enterprise solution selling experience where services is critical to customer outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of SaaS, Consumption Economics, and MRR
- Ability to create short and long term strategic business plans
- Knowledge of the top Cloud Service Providers and their partner funding programs
- Strategic business and marketing planning capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven capacity to build strong relationships and close business with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and strong stakeholder management
- Must be self-motivated, have strong self-management skills and should demonstrate basic leadership qualities
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Domestic and occasionally international travel required
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: