About the Role
We are looking for Security Engineering Interns to help scale our Infrastructure Security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp products and services.
Security at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in designing, implementing and monitoring HashiCorp’s security controls and technologies
- Apply knowledge gained in Computer Science or Security courses to real world challenges
- Develop scripts and tools to automate tasks
- Build and implement security processes and tools for risk reduction and mature prevention, detection and response capabilities
- Assist in performing security review of HashiCorp’s infra and tech supply chain
- Triage, Respond to and Investigate Security Incidents affecting Platform and Infra Services
- Research and design ways to achieve risk reduction objectives in creative ways, including expanding our current tool stack where appropriate
- Assist with security incidents that the company may face in alignment with our response processes
- Assess risk arising from third-parties, vendors and partners in our ecosystem and design controls to mitigate such risks
- Document security processes and standards
- Partner with subject matter experts on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, security operations, CI/CD security etc.)
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of security trainings
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques
- Support GRC and customer security requests as needed
We are looking for talented self-starters who want to learn about security engineering. We will consider engineers with less security-specific experience but the desire to learn!
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in engineering, information technology or equivalent training in the United States, with an anticipated graduation date of Fall 2023- Spring 2024
- Have some coding proficiency
- Have basic understanding of application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools
- Are familiar with securing cloud services running in Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Have fundamental knowledge in security, distributed systems, service oriented architectures or schedulers
- Have exposure to product / service architectures in modern cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Want to learn secure operations practices, specifically wrt. cloud environments
- Are interested in security design / architecture and threat modeling
- Want to learn vulnerabilities (old and new), and options for defense / mitigation.
- Want to gain experience with microservice architectures, or large distributed systems.
- Experience with HashiCorp tools is a plus!
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: