About the role...
The HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP) team is focused on moving all of HashiCorp’s commercial products to the cloud by creating and delivering them as Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings. As the Senior Product Manager for Platform Services on this team, you will be responsible for creating reusable, scalable service abstractions that all the HashiCorp product teams can leverage to accelerate their journey to the cloud. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing PM team focused on delivering services on top of the major public cloud platforms.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Develop a long-term vision and roadmap for our Platform services
- Engage deeply with the HashiCorp product teams to understand their journey to the cloud and help craft platform abstractions that accelerate the journey
- Develop product requirements for current and planned platform services
- Create metrics and KPIs to measure success for platform abstractions
- Participate in detailed planning and prioritization exercises jointly with engineering and design
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Deep knowledge of SaaS infrastructure products and public cloud platforms
- Strong technical acumen with a solid understanding of infrastructure and modern application architectures
- Experience working with API-driven products with developers as a primary product audience
- Experience in a Platform PM role with a B2B SaaS product
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on written communications
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders toward a common goal
- High levels of customer empathy and a passion for making great products
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal