About the Role
We are looking for a People Business Partner to help support our growing company. This unique role will provide coaching and support to first line managers across the R&D teams at HashiCorp US as well as drive key People programs, projects and work streams that are integral to building a strong culture and foundation to grow upon. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who is organized, can thrive in ambiguous situations and work collaboratively with our more senior Business Partner team. They’ll have a deep appreciation for what we do and a passion for how we do it. Success will be largely based on the ability to drive projects forward, build productive and positive relationships, build scalable and quality programs and create replicable processes that can allow these relationships to thrive based on higher-order work.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Escalate to more senior PBPs and/or Legal when needed.
- Partner and coach managers and individuals to ensure they and their teams are growing and meeting their individual and team objectives.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with managers on people-related matters and decisions including organizational design, planning and compensation.
- Own execution and enhancements of programs such as performance reviews and employee engagement surveys
- Drive organizational effectiveness initiatives on People Team roadmap such as talent calibrations, top talent identification framework, and critical role identification
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the larger People Team to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning
- Use Google Sheets to aggregate data in pivot tables, graphs, charts at a basic level
- Nurture our strong culture, providing role modeling of our principles and Tao.
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our people team programs and initiatives.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 4+ years of People experience in employee relations, people operations, or an HR Generalist role
- Demonstrated past success in building and owning people programs
- Discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials
- Demonstrated past success supporting teams, preferably a rapidly growing tech organization
- Experience managing employee relations issues that includes participation in investigations, handling employee disciplinary issues, and performance management meetings
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Analytically driven skills; experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Passion for results; able to deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Effective communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically the ability to break down complex concepts into simple and clear language that anyone can understand
- Proficiency in Google suite and ability to aggregate data in pivot tables, graphs, charts at a basic level; perform V and X lookups
- Knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion approaches and history working on EDI initiatives
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal