Consul solves the challenges that organizations of all sizes face when managing, securing, and observing the communication across microservices. We provide zero trust solutions for service discovery, service mesh, and network infrastructure automation. Consul is used at scale by a large community of open source practitioners, as well as at companies like Pandora, Roblox, Mercedes Benz, Datadog, Github and PagerDuty.
You can learn more about Consul in this whiteboard overview from our CTO and co-founder, Armon Dadger.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role that will provide the opportunity for ownership over Key initiatives across our Networking Products (Consul and HCP Consul Central). You’ll directly mentor and grow a team. Along with Engineering Management, there will also be an opportunity for regular hands-on contributions.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support the team of engineers building Consul Product
- Ensure reliable and scalable Consul cluster operations through thoughtful monitoring and release practices
- Collaborate with other Product teams in Hashicorp as well as internal platform teams to ensure shared concerns and build a cohesive product suite
- Drive improvements to the Consul product based on the needs of customers
- Foster a culture of learning and operational improvements through effective incident management processes
- Work with our support organization to ensure we are able to resolve customer support issues within SLAs
- Work closely with our security team to develop policies that ensure our systems are kept secure, and meet regulatory requirements
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, customer success to define the team’s roadmap
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Support the career growth for individuals on your team
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
- Opportunity to contribute directly to the tools, programming mostly in Go
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve managed and supported engineers on large or small teams.
- You have delivered products as a SaaS/Cloud Service as well as a Self managed entity, through a phase of significant growth.
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- You are passionate about reducing operational toil, and can advocate for product and platform improvements that can scale with product adoption.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: