HashiCorp solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Our billing engineering team is part of the Cloud Services division working towards delivering a compliant and performant billing system to unlock HashiCorp’s managed cloud services. You will be directly contributing to the development of the HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), the self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud according to the latest best practices.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for operations management.
- Build billing services primarily in Golang.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of large-scale, distributed systems.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Vault, Consul, etc.
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global resource usage and metering
- Interface directly with internal platform teams, business stakeholders, and HashiCorp customers
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Learn from and contribute to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work with various Cloud partners
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience working with billing systems.
- You are familiar with microservice architectures, and ideally, have seen them in operation on a global scale.
- You have an understanding of security principles and best practices.
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems.
- You have prior experience working on and with observability tools.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems.
- You have commercial experience operating and troubleshooting distributed systems in the cloud.
- Professional backend software development experience in cloud environments. While we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: