HashiCorp is seeking an AVP of Professional Services to build and lead a new team within the Customer Success organization. This team will lead new customer deployments as well as manage existing client requirements. The AVP of Professional Services will work closely with the VP, WW Customer Success and Support and will play a critical role in defining the company's professional services implementation methodology and project success.
This AVP of PS will also be responsible for strategic partner enablement to fulfill services on behalf of HashiCorp. The ideal candidate will have a successful background in project and SOW management with multiple simultaneous projects, be focused, outgoing, and professional with a technology background. The candidate will also be extremely organized, excellent with deadlines, and passionate about Customer Success. The AVP of Professional Services is responsible for project success and accelerating deployment for HashiCorp products being implemented by the customer.
Define, optimize and manage Enterprise customer Implementation
- Generate Statements of Work (SOW) for customer engagements
- Collaborate with the Sales Leadership on positioning of implementation services. Head of PS will be responsible for revenue generation from implementation services.
- Define project scope, develop and manage project plans, determine necessary resources and establish project timelines.
- Effectively manage a bench of Hashicorp and Partner Professional Services Engineers.
- Meet regularly (on-site or zoom) with the client to determine service requirements and expectations for overall satisfaction.
- Ensure regular and timely communication with clients regarding product schedules and deliverables to enable project success.
- Recognize inefficiencies within processes and offer creative solutions to overcome them.
- Effectively build a scalable PS organization to coincide with growing demand.
- Work to mitigate client risks and internal risks through comprehensive understanding of all downstream impacts of project components.
- Responsible for Partner enablement.
- Become the subject matter expert on HashiCorp products from a deployment point of view.
- Head of PS will strongly influence customer expansion.
Recruit, mentor, and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates and future employees.
- Ability to effectively build strategic partner resources.
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback as needed
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Sales Organization
- Align with Sales on implementation and up-sell strategy and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Sales Operations on SOW’s and contracts
- Collaborate with Customer Success TAM’s during customer journey.
Drive alignment with Product and Enterprise Architecture teams at Hashicorp
- Continuously align with product roadmaps and keep implementation methodology current.
- Align with Enterprise Architecture team to adopt architecture reference guides, deployment guides and use cases to produce specific SOWs for individual customer deployments (Vault and Terraform).
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to Regional Customer Success leadership
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Support, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous Process improvements – implementation methodology, delivery, CS tools, journey management
- 15+ years of relevant experience in running effective services organizations, including writing and tracking SOWs.
- Experience in enterprise software release and customer success process.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage.
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud Automation deployment methodologies.
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment.
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies.
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service.
- Travel as needed - up to 50%.
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience. MS/MBA preferred.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: