Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Terraform Cloud
The Terraform Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building, improving, and scaling the systems infrastructure which powers the Terraform Cloud hosted service. We ensure our systems are robust, secure, and performant for the mission-critical production workloads of our customers.
As true open-source practitioners, we leverage several of HashiCorp’s own products like Terraform, Nomad, Consul, and Vault, as well as community-led projects such as Fabio, RabbitMQ, and Redis.
We’re a small team with a huge impact, and we’re looking for talented systems engineers of all backgrounds and experiences to join us as we scale our platform. We’d especially love to meet you if you have expertise with Go, production experience with the HashiCorp stack, and a background in infrastructure security.
- Work to constantly improve our resiliency by developing self-healing, self-assembling infrastructure.
- Dive into problems with an eye to both immediate remediation as well as the follow-through changes and automation that will prevent future occurrences.
- Help develop and evangelize SRE best practices, techniques, and tools to the engineers building our services.
- Maintain day-to-day vigilance with regards to security while helping to enhance the intrinsic security of the overall production system.
- Collaborate across teams to improve our open source tools based on experiences found from running our own software in production.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure.
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Experience with Go or another low-level programming language
How We Work
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Application Process
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are great to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.