Manager, Engineering - Platform (Cloud Services)
United States - Bay Area, California (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Cloud Services is an exciting team delivering HashiCorp products as fully-managed Cloud services. We work across the company, and with multiple cloud partners, to make using HashiCorp products simple for our customers. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team, making a huge impact.
About the role...
This is an engineering management role focused on managing an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
The person who performs this role will lead and grow an engineering team focused on enabling any HashiCorp engineering team to confidently operate and deliver HashiCorp’s products to any cloud. This team’s deliverables will enable execution across engineering at high velocity through reliable and innovative solutions driven by insights observable only through the HashiCorp Cloud Platform. The role includes a hands-on component as well as further hiring and mentoring.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Partner with product management, design, engineering, finance, and security leads to define your team’s roadmap
- Cultivate excellence in the reliability, scalability, security, and craft of the software your team builds
- Develop Ops policies for monitoring and ongoing management (patching, upgrades, audit requests, etc)
- Hire and grow a diverse engineering and operations team in a fast-scaling organization
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Managed small or large software engineering teams
- Worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- Led teams in customer-centric and agile organizations
- Worked with SaaS or another type of managed software offering
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- Proven experience bootstrapping a similar project and building strong teams
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway!