Sr. Engineer - Consul (Ecosystem)
United States (Remote)
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
On the Consul team, we help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and health monitoring. Ecosystem engineering includes contributing to the range of open source tools and integrations we have developed to help Consul solve problems for operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers.
This is software engineering role that will provide challenges across a range of tools, languages, and concepts.
In this role you can expect to:
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Develop novel algorithms within the context of our open source tools
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers, as well as the large Consul community
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have strong experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience with Kubernetes
- You are familiar with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on teams deploying or maintaining them
- You are comfortable working with and developing your skills in multiple programming languages
- You have a passion for the unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
- You are a fantastic learner, and are comfortable picking up a range of new tools and concepts quickly
- You have worked with a public cloud (or similar) environment either in development or operations