Director, IT Business Systems
United States - California (Remote)
About the Role
HashiCorp's IT Team is searching for a holistic IT leader who can consistently exceed expectations, thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our hardworking team. You will be part of the IT Organization, specifically focused on building and leading the team that will drive Enterprise Architecture, Systems, and Governance.
We are currently looking for expert, director-level candidates who have held similar positions in large public or private companies. Proven experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected, as this is an ongoing requirement for this role.
Your responsibilities will include building and leveraging internal/external partnerships across all business lines of HashiCorp, building the Systems Roadmap along with the VP of IT, its execution, as well as all process improvement initiatives. You have a deep understanding and experience with all aspects of Enterprise Systems Architecture (including financial IT systems, engineering systems, BI, and IAM) for a complex, fast-growing stage, multi-disciplinary organization. You are comfortable with both breaking down complex systems to non-technical staff members, as well as having discussions with departments such as Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Marketing on extremely complex and technical issues and initiatives. You’ve built teams that have technical personnel from many different backgrounds, and you’re confident in managing individual contributors as well as managers of people.
As the Director of IT Business Systems, you must be motivated and successful at mentoring by building and sustaining professional relationships at all levels of an organization. You have well-honed problem solving and decision-making skills, are agile and adaptable, and can effectively manage change. This function is both strategic and tactical, can influence adoption, is results-oriented, and has a strong client service orientation. You have a reputation for raising the bar in terms of quality and execution. Your role will be expected to define processes and controls for business systems across the company, define and own SLAs around business systems, and create dashboards that define the health of business systems for the entire organization.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Degree in Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of experience directly in IT as a technical role
- 10+ years of work directly on IT Teams as a manager or director
- 5+ years of experience owning Business Systems at late-stage startups or companies that have recently gone public with at least 1500 employees
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade Identity Provider solutions such as Okta
- Expert-level knowledge of enterprise SaaS applications, including Financial Systems and Technology Platforms
- Extremely strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic environment similar to a high tech startup
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for Information Technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Deep understanding of architectural frameworks
- Significant experience in centralizing data
- A proven track record of developing standards and governance at 100% SaaS environments
- Current on business applications, trends in IT, and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions
- A process-oriented individual, with substantial project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Experience with SaaS-based solutions and cloud architectures.
- Proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time.
- A self-starter who maps their own direction to succeed.
- Stellar team management, coaching, and mentoring skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to establishing a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-GD1