Global Solutions Engineer
United States - California (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
The Global Solutions Engineer is responsible for focusing on partnering with members of the Global sales team to drive revenue in two (or more) accounts. They will also support colleagues from the Global Solutions Engineering and Technologist teams, partners, and other vendors in the ecosystem. Their primary remit is demonstrating to customers and prospects how HashiCorp tools can satisfy their business requirements.
The Global SE will assist in building, executing, and defining the methodology for customer-facing activities within Global accounts, as well as serve as a liaison with the Customer Success organization, ensuring that our customers are successful in evaluating, piloting, and ultimately implementing our tools. Anyone in the Global role will have in-depth product knowledge of at least three tools of the HashiCorp suite that allows him/her/they to become a reference within its region, both in the team and within the wider community of HashiCorp users.
From an ecosystem perspective, a Global Solution Engineer will maintain relationships with other vendors in the space, cloud, GSI, and other partners in order to become proficient in integration points, common selling motions, and overall go to market strategy.
In this role you can expect to...
- Drive customer adoption and revenue attainment in your accounts.
- Work with your customers’ development, infrastructure, security and operations teams to deeply understand their business and technical needs. After understanding their needs, you will design and propose solutions that make the best use of our tools and services.
- Partner with Global Technology Specialists, regional SEs on Global accounts (if any), Sales, Product, Engineering and Customer Success to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment in your accounts.
- Facilitate customer feedback with internal teams.
- Develop content that drives attainment in your accounts.
- Facilitate technical and business outcome validation for customers, including but not limited to demos, proof of value/proof of concept engagements and customer case studies and reference sessions.
- Provide expertise during the sales process on a range of topics, from requirements gathering to managing customer engagement post-purchase and deployment.
- Assist in RFP and RFI responses.
- Conduct ROI and customer process analysis.
- Behave according to HashiCorp’s code of conduct, core principles and Tao.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Have deep experience with HashiCorp’s tools.
- Have deep experience with infrastructure and infrastructure automation.
- Are a good public speaker and written and verbal communicator.
- Enjoy seeing your work make an impact, especially a financial one, for HashiCorp and customers.
- Are good at synthesizing customer needs into solution proposals.
- Are good at designing sales materials like champions’ decks and diagrams.
- Enjoy building an organization.
- Know any programming or scripting languages.
- Are proficient with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack.
- Have built and managed CI/CD pipelines before.
- Know Linux, Windows, Kubernetes/schedulers, CI and other tools used by DevOps teams.
- Have cloud platform experience (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Have a proven technical sales track record.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MF1