Marketing Communications Intern
United States - Bay Area, California (Remote)
Marketing Communications Intern
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Intern to learn about and assist with all aspects of the Corporate Communications function. You will learn the strategies and approaches to help HashiCorp build on its strong technical and open source community reputation to become known as the key player in enabling multi-cloud software infrastructure for large enterprises. You will learn about and assist with the groundwork for implementing our strategy worldwide and help drive execution. Areas of focus will be public relations, analyst and influencer relations, our internal editorial calendar process, our social media presence, and the customer reference program.
In this role, you can expect to learn how to...
- Define and drive strategic communication goals that will increase our corporate and product visibility in the U.S. and internationally.
- Support public relations, analyst relations, and media influencer programs, including regular outreach for relationship building, news-focused communications, and targeted activities to accelerate our efforts.
- Work with both enterprise and community experts internally to lead and balance the strategy and execution of HashiCorp’s social media presence with the unique culture and style of the company.
- Accelerate the customer reference program, enabling our target audiences to understand the impact that our software has in notable customer environments.
- Build customer relationships to have a set of enthusiastic customers to draw upon for Corporate Communications and broader company needs.
- Understand the various components of the Corporate Communications function, including which capabilities are needed at different stages of growth and how to implement those along the way.
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent training in the United States
- Have academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- Have basic knowledge of open source business models
- Have a working understanding of social networks and platforms
- Have strong collaboration and management skills
- Have strong customer service skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are a creative thinker who also understands real-world problems and products
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1