MBA/PhD FP&A Management Intern
United States - San Francisco, California (HQ)
MBA/PhD FP&A Management Intern
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Analyst Intern to report to our Sr. Director, FP&A and support our growing organization. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking to learn about a broad range of planning and metric insight responsibilities within an operating company. This person will want exposure to Corporate FP&A and Business Partnerships in a hyper-growth technology company. This role would be a great fit for you if you thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy environment, and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you can expect to learn how to...
- Participate in the monthly/quarterly forecasting, planning, and close processes
- Develop meaningful analyses around workforce productivity to improve forecasting
- Work collaboratively across business leaders and Finance to ensure the accurate and consistent flow of relevant information
- Handle projects with multiple work streams, coordinate internal/external resources, and ensure completion of projects are on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Contribute to ad-hoc analysis for Executive Management
- Contribute to other FP&A projects as part of the broader Finance team
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline in the United States
- Have academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- Are able to understand business partnership and budget management
- Very high attention to detail
- Have proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (SQL and Anaplan are a plus)
- Have some understanding of SaaS business models and operating metrics
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are creative thinkers who also understand real-world products
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1