United States - Austin, Texas (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Design at HashiCorp is largely a remote team so we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
As a Design Intern at HashiCorp, you’ll work with the Product Design Team to create a user-friendly UI for a highly technical tool. You’ll also collaborate with the rest of the Product Design team on the growing design system, user studies, cross product integrations, and more.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Distill complex data models and CLI user flows into simple and efficient browser-based UI experiences
- Contribute to user research with devops technologists around the world
- Collaborate on a growing design system to share patterns across HashiCorp tools
- Receive mentorship on any areas of growth you’re looking for, and share your own expertise in areas of strength you bring to the team
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in HCI, Design, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent training in the United States
- Have academic or professional experience working in a corporate environment
- Have a product design portfolio with case studies and/or student projects
- Are comfortable working with highly technical team members and end users alike
- Have familiarity with or interest in open source communities, cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, or developer tooling
- Familiar with user research methods (remote user testing, survey research, usability testing, field research)
- Have experience with data visualization
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
Please provide a link to your design portfolio (preferably includes case studies) in your cover letter or resume.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1