Chief of Staff to the CMO
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
As a Chief of Staff to our Chief Marketing Officer, you will assist in the execution of key priorities in partnership with the Marketing Leadership Team in your role as advisor and gatekeeper to the CMO. You will ensure intra- and cross-team alignment across marketing and the broader HashiCorp business, drawing on business and technical experience to deliver results. You will be responsible for driving the rhythms of the business: key operational patterns including business reviews, planning, and processes to enable effective execution. You will also be deployed to execute on functional and strategic projects that don’t fall squarely into one functional group, and work on longer term systems and process integrity.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Plan and operate business performance reviews
- Own the marketing quarterly goal setting process and foster alignment across the marketing functions.
- Ensure progress and tracking towards our agreed goals.
- Develop our information with an accurate portrayal of the accomplishments, risks, and opportunities within marketing.
- Help the Marketing Leadership Team filter and align their time to focus on key priorities of the business including setting cadences, agendas, and logistics
- Define key priorities and translate them into comprehensive plans.
- Operate business rhythms
- Define and optimize the operating calendar in a way that enables effective execution and alignment while anticipating the needs of the business.
- Own Marketing Business Reviews, gatekeeping and maintaining the bar on quality of reviews.
- Own the OPEX and Headcount budget effectively by collaborating and taking inputs across the Marketing Leadership Team and delivering headcount or budget investment models.
- Support each organizational leader in developing and evaluating new initiatives. Keep the broader executive team informed on progress against these initiatives.
- Key policies and projects:
- Lead projects that align to a particular policy, or business challenge. This role is expected to be at the vanguard of new directions, owning initiatives in the short term, and handing off in the longer term.
- Examples include: Annual company planning cycles, seeding new processes across multiple teams, designing new systems to support emerging business needs.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- A systems thinker with experience working with senior business decision makers.
- Able to shape end to end business programs with articulated missions, charters, performance criteria, and stakeholder buy-in.
- Adaptable, curious, and ready to embrace change in dynamic environments.
- A self-starter, motivated by continuously solving hard problems.
- Able to model using Excel, Spreadsheets, SQL, other tools
- Strong at driving alignment, managing time, and managing priorities
- Experienced at managing business rhythms at Cloud Enterprise companies, or similar
- A great communicator and negotiator able to develop shared perspectives.
- Able to drive results through indirect influence.
- Knowledgeable about how a broad marketing team operates: from Product Marketing to Growth Marketing to Partner Marketing, Corporate Communications, and Developer Relations
- Experienced at working within complex company environments: multiple products, multiple audiences, alongside a split of open source, and commercial operating models.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.