Sr. Product Designer, Cloud
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We're looking for a Sr. Product Designer who is deeply passionate about bringing human-centered thinking to the technology infrastructure space, and who is excited to work on the bleeding edge of technology.
We're looking for a hard-working, critically-thinking, and self-motivated Sr. Product Designer to join the small and passionate HashiCorp Cloud Platform design team. This designer must be able to work within visual systems, possess proven interaction design experience, and be confident and comfortable navigating all aspects of the design process.
The ideal candidate has experience designing beautiful, effective web, mobile, and desktop applications with user-focus, a creative mindset, and pixel-perfect attention to detail. This person must be able to understand the underlying business objectives, rapidly problem solve through mockups and prototypes, and positively respond to creative feedback. We're looking for someone who is comfortable with autonomy and ambiguity, capable of contributing to product direction, and driving consensus on their team while working collaboratively with product managers, engineers, researchers, and other stakeholders.
- Transform complex ideas into proposals for simple and elegant user-friendly designs across all relevant interfaces
- Rapidly create full-fidelity mockups and prototype interactive features for new HashiCorp Cloud Platform functionality
- Participate in design critiques and reviews, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as provide feedback for others
- Compellingly communicate your ideas to, and incorporate the ideas of, a wide variety of teammates and stakeholders
- Work side-by-side with engineers to ensure your work functions as well in production as it does in your design
You may be a good fit for our team if have the following:
- Have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in enterprise software
- A portfolio of visual and interactive designs that includes process work with variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, attention to detail, and lessons learned
- Knowledge of design fundamentals including layout, color, typography, and tone
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built
- Ability to adapt to and work within constraints
Nice to have:
- Ability to conduct research
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience designing tools and products for technical audiences, across multiple interfaces (Web UIs, CLIs, and APIs to name a few)
- Familiarity with infrastructure management concepts
- Experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1