Software Engineer, Terraform Cloud
United States (Remote)
Why work at HashiCorp?
At HashiCorp we have a set of principles that give us a shared understanding so we can act collectively and in a consistent manner. Our core principle is one of integrity. Integrity builds trust, upon which the strongest relationships are built. When we trust others, we are more willing to be open and engage. We must foster relationships internally to create a friendly, productive, and positive environment and externally with our users, partners, and customers to drive the adoption of our tools and products.
We also value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Some of the reasons our team have said they love working at HashiCorp is:
- The remote-first culture gives me a lot of flexibility to balance work with other personal and family commitments. I'm able to adapt my schedule to fit in the things I've not been able to at previous jobs, without the expectation of also being always on. Everyone has been encouraging of having clear boundaries between work and non-work time.
What would you be working on?
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the CLI. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Cloud is built on top of our open source project Terraform. Terraform Cloud is the best way to collaborate, validate, and execute Terraform in organizations large and small. Check out our demo to learn more.
In this role you can expect to:
- Build, iterate on, and ship features to make working with Terraform Enterprise a phenomenal experience for HashiCorp customers
- Contribute to various parts of our product, which consists of a Ruby on Rails backend, an Ember.js frontend, and distributed Go services
- Help own operations, reliability, availability, and security of the SaaS and private installations
You should apply to join the team if you:
- You have experience running, testing, and contributing to one of the following:
- a backend application (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js)
- a frontend application (e.g., Ember.js, React)
- distributed services (e.g., Go, Java)
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You are familiar with Terraform
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You are familiar with distributed systems concepts
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.