VP, Customer Success
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
Reporting to the CRO, the VP of Customer Success is accountable for the HashiCorp customer success organization’s responsibilities for achieving and sustaining customer value realization via adoption of HashiCorp products, identifying and mitigating customer retention risk, and identifying and supporting customer expansion opportunities. This will be achieved through building, optimizing and leading HashiCorp’s customer success strategy including a global team of Customer Success Managers.
To be successful in this role, the VP of Customer Success will partner with other HashiCorp teams including Enterprise Account Management, Solution Engineering, Professional Services and Support.
In this role you can expect to...
- Be accountable for the success of the HashiCorp customer journey as measured by both the gross and net revenue retention for each customer segment
- Lead the Customer Success Organization that is responsible for quarter-backing the execution of the Outcome Delivery, Customer Management, Escalation and Renewal playbooks with HashiCorp customers
- Partner with Sales to oversee the seamless transitions of customers from the point of acquisition into the post-sale customer journey
- Manage C-level, enterprise-scale stakeholder relationships with strategic HashiCorp customers ensuring that targeted outcomes are in alignment with their strategy and that measurable value is being recognized from their HashiCorp investments
- Work closely with the Enterprise Account Management, Solution Engineering, Professional Services and Support teams to resolve identified risks and escalated issues in a timely manner and properly communicate/set expectations with customers.
- Bring the voice of the customer to HashiCorp as you partner with engineering, marketing, and product to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Leverage Gainsight to measure, report and analyze account health, playbook progress, account sentiment in order to optimize the customer journey continuously through innovative practices focused on driving adoption, retention and expansion
- Partner with Revenue Ops and IT to evolve HashiCorp customer success operations into a world-class data-driven system of insight and action
- Help identify and build great customer success practices that will scale across a growing team
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in both on-prem and cloud technology companies building and leading customer success organizations with demonstrated results in driving customer outcomes and revenue retention + expansion.
- Strong empathy for customers and understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- High impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results.
- Experience leading success of a highly technical product
- Experience in the Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations - Advantage
- Deep go-to-market knowledge and experience implementing and measuring operational metrics, leveraging data to identify customer value realization, retention risk and expansion potential.
- Proven ability to lead and grow CS professionals and teams, build successors and improve capabilities.
- Experience working for a late stage startup company
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.