Product Manager II - Nomad Core
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Nomad is HashiCorp’s orchestration product for multi-cloud application deployment.
As a Product Manager in the Nomad team, you will be responsible for the Nomad Core (self-hosted) offering. You will own features end-to-end (research, scope, design, develop, release, enable) and eventually take on the Nomad Core roadmap that reinforces the key pillars of orchestration simplicity and flexibility.
You will work closely and deeply with the Nomad Core Engineering team along with UI, Ecosystem, and Education workstreams. You will directly interface with customers and practitioners to conduct research, validate requirements, and measure feature adoption.
This is a unique opportunity to join and contribute to one of HashiCorp’s youngest and most agile product lines in Nomad where your features will directly impact how enterprises all over the world deploy applications in diverse environments like industrial factories to zero-waste smart farms.
Nomad is widely adopted and used in production by companies like PagerDuty, CloudFlare, Roblox, Pandora, Intel, and more
In this role you can expect to:
- Write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) based on user research that distill the business value, technical essence, user flow of the feature for engineering
- Collaborate with Engineering after completion of PRDs to conduct further research, adjust scope, design user flow during the course of feature development to delivery
- Interview customers and practitioners to gather user requirements and workflow information and own feedback loops post-delivery
- Enable sales & marketing on Nomad core features with collateral (website copy, whitepapers, documentation, sales decks, FAQ)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Strong technical acumen with Engineering background
- Strong communication - distill substance and convey complex points concisely
- Strong bias for action and execution - drive things to completion
- 2 + years of PM experience in B2B enterprise software (preferred)
- Experience with open-source software (preferred)
- Strong user and market research skills - able to learn quickly and independently on the orchestration landscape (RedHat Openshift, Kubernetes, Mesos), how infrastructure has evolved, application deployment
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with ability to prioritize, make tradeoffs, and evaluate decisions and features from strategic and technical perspectives
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1