Engineering Manager, Waypoint
United States (Remote), Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
Waypoint is a brand new open-source project from HashiCorp that provides a modern workflow to build, deploy, and release across platforms. The Waypoint engineering team is small, works primarily in public, and has an ambitious roadmap to help address deployment complexity for individual developers and large organizations.
In this role you can expect to...
- Coach and support engineers working Waypoint and Waypoint plugins
- Work directly with the Waypoint community and HashiCorp customers to improve the Waypoint product and define its future potential
- Hire and grow a small team in a rapidly growing organization
- When possible, contribute directly to the product, mostly in Golang
- Ensure high reliability of the tool through ensuring thoughtful testing and release practices
- Work with engineers to own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on large or small teams
- You’re familiar with application platforms such as Kubernetes, and ideally have worked on teams deploying to or maintaining them
- You’ve worked with low-level programming languages
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.