Inside Solutions Engineer
United States - Austin, Texas
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that enables the world's largest companies to deliver applications faster by helping transition from manual processes and ITIL practices to self-service automation and DevOps practices. HashiCorp builds infrastructure, security, networking, and application automation tools that assist in accelerating application delivery so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks.
About the Role
As an Inside Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to drive business development and sales growth by providing technical expertise around Development Operations, specifically in the context of multiple technical (development, operations, and security) and executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to…
- Lead as a domain expert in Development Operations (DevOps) to the Commercial sales team
- Become the trusted advisor on infrastructure automation technology within client relationships
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including Demand Generation, Discovery/Qualification, Technical/Business Validation, and Success Planning throughout Sales campaigns
- Provide expert guidance on Development Operations concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio, ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Develop strong Sales acumen to drive efficient Sales campaigns and maintain client relationships
- Help foster an environment for ongoing customer success
- Work closely with key executive decision makers on product evaluations to ensure the solutions/products achieve client objectives and business outcomes
- Actively assist other Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- B.S. degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, infrastructure automation, IT operations, security, cloud, micro-services, containers, or scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Vault, Consul, or Nomad
- Experience implementing software products or solutions
- Have worked in a dynamic/team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Live in Austin, TX
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.