Director, Partner Marketing - Cloud Partners
United States - San Francisco, California (HQ)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced partner marketing leader to work with our growing cloud partnerships (Microsoft, AWS, GCP, etc) to accelerate adoption and sales of HashiCorp products. The role will involve deepening relationships with our key cloud partners while creating joint messaging and programs to drive demand for our Cloud Operating Model products (Terraform, Vault, Consul).
This role requires strong relationships and understand of the cloud partners, along with a strong balance of relationship building, management, strategic planning, content creation, and Go-to-Market planning and execution. Close collaboration and consensus-building with Product Marketing, Alliances, and GTM Sales will be critical for success. This is a full-time position ideally based in Seattle or San Francisco, but remote locations will be considered. The role will report to the Sr. Director of Partner Marketing, and will include a moderate amount of travel once travel is resumed.
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Work with the HashiCorp Alliances and GTM teams to build strong relationships with cloud partners (Microsoft and AWS), drive the creation of joint annual marketing programs with strategic partners to drive adoption, leverage and amplify our messaging, and build HashiCorp sales pipeline
- Drive our participation in cloud partner-led marketing programs (e.g. digital marketing, case studies, and webinars/workshops)
- Create, implement and analyze cloud partner marketing plans, content and campaign effectiveness, modify strategy based on performance and clearly communicate results to stakeholders
- Develop product-focused knowledge around each HashiCorp product line to work with our partners to drive preference toward our products with internal cloud stakeholders
- Optimize a bill of materials (BOM) for cloud partners that deepens their engagement and enablement and drives pipeline
- Drive the creation of HashiCorp sales plays for specific cloud partners
- Grow our brand awareness and accelerate internal enablement inside our cloud partners
- Leverage MDF programs with key partners to build out co-marketing and go-to-market activities
- Partner with the HashiCorp Revenue Marketing team to generate partner-sourced leads that align to our demand generation and go-to-market programs. Stay connected as needed with Field and Channel Marketing programs that include cloud partners.
- Work closely with the HashiCorp Tradeshow Team to support our presence and marketing efforts around cloud partner trade shows and events
- Provide guidance, input, and oversight for partner-led material creation (e.g. blogs, press releases, briefs, etc.)
- Work with partners and HashiCorp Corporate Communications to deliver joint customer use cases, awards, and competency achievements
- Innovate ways to deliver HashiCorp and cloud programs that provide value to customers and partners
- Identify process improvements and automation opportunities to streamline marketing engagement
- Define and drive KPIs to increase GTM efforts to drive enablement, demand and engagement through partner channels.
- Provide continuous and proactive proposals to exceed program goals
You May Be a Good Fit If You Have
- Have 5-10 years of partner marketing experience and at least 1-3 years as a people manager
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Can set and drive the strategic direction of the Cloud Partner Marketing function through aligned planning and smart and targeted tactics
- Are adept at building and maintaining strong relationships
- Can implement cross-company and cross-team processes and measure/report on performance
- Have orchestrated successful joint marketing programs across partner and internal teams
- Have working knowledge of software infrastructure, automation, DevOps, and multi-cloud concepts and trends
- Are comfortable with Asana, DatoCMS, Marketo, SFDC and other key marketing tools
- Have solid experience with open source and SaaS business models and corresponding implications for partnerships
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SY1 #LI-REMOTE