Senior Manager, Editorial and Content
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
We are looking for an amazing communicator to build and expand our Editorial and Content function. You know the communications strategies and approaches to help HashiCorp build on its strong technical and open source community reputation. You understand the approaches to help our marketing content support HashiCorp’s efforts to become known as the key player in enabling multi-cloud software infrastructure for large enterprises. You will set the groundwork for the worldwide content strategy, drive execution across our internal team, and build a small team to efficiently run our internal editorial calendar process and enable the team to deliver compelling marketing content in support of that calendar. The goal is to extend the company’s public profile with its developer, DevOps, and IT operations audience as well as build a positive reputation with the decision makers in Global 2000 organizations.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own the HashiCorp editorial calendar and the cadence of external content delivery in conjunction with the Corporate Communications plans and team.
- Work closely with the product marketing, our developer advocates and community team, product management, partner marketing, and other technical experts to deliver marketing materials published by HashiCorp or by other outlets.
- Build on the messaging frameworks of the company, our products, and solutions to plan out editorial programs so that they drive awareness and match the plans for each product line and company-level communications strategy.
- Consider and manage the creation of content to drive interest in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Define and document the editorial processes to make it easy for the various contributor teams to work together on content.
- Work with both enterprise and community experts internally to match the strategy and execution of HashiCorp’s editorial program with the unique culture and style of the company.
- Review all outbound communications materials being distributed by the Marketing team to ensure highest quality and adherence to our communications and messaging strategies.
- Build the Editorial and Content function with a vision for the capabilities needed at different stages of growth and how to implement those along the way.
- Identify and work with a set of internal and external writers to create HashiCorp’s various and diverse types of Marketing content.
- Work with the Digital and Design teams to maximize the visibility, creativity, and impact of our content.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of editorial, marketing writing, and content creation experience.
- Previous journalism, blogging, and/or analyst experience in HashiCorp’s marketspace.
- Editorial process experience, including with Asana or other project management tools, collaborative editing tools, and CMS/web publishing systems.
- A finger on the pulse of the current media environment, how the business realities are affecting available channels, and how HashiCorp can approach them effectively with our content.
- Excellence at product and company announcement participation and orchestration and smooth, effective logistics in compressed timeframes and amid multiple competing priorities
- A love of the skill and art of writing and editing, and a very keen eagle-eye.
- An understanding of the many types of writing, video, podcast, and other content creation media that HashiCorp can and should be using
- Excellent writing skills for multiple communications approaches to convey the company’s point of view and make the content compelling and digestible by your target audience.
- An understanding of and experience with open source business models and the marketing and communication nuances related to those
- Strong skills at understanding your target audiences and translating the corporate storyline into an appealing and compelling narrative in all communication channels
- Experience helping colleagues and writers turn marketing messages into compelling content
- Experience managing external agencies or contractors as well as experience building, growing, and mentoring an internal team
- A focus on evaluating results of editorial programs through reporting and the ability to adjust strategy as appropriate
- Experience using SEO to support content strategy
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SY1 #LI-REMOTE