Sr. Director, Solution Engineering - Strategic
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
The Sr. Director, Strategic Solutions will lead a team of 1st-line SE leaders responsible for developing, managing and closing business within the Strategic segment of the business. This role will be responsible for managing the sales process around the complete HashiCorp portfolio of software products to key account clients within a large territory focusing on Strategic customers.
The Solution Engineering team helps our customer base validate their desired business outcomes through sales campaigns that result in a mutually agreed upon understanding of “Why Change?”, “Why Now?”, and “Why HashiCorp?”. Desired business outcomes are achieved through execution of a detailed Success Plan post-sale.
The pre-sales Solutions Engineers at HashiCorp work in a high performance team environment to drive business development and sales growth by providing technical expertise around Development Operations, specifically in the context of multiple technical (development, operations, and security) and executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Ensure revenue and hiring targets are hit within the bounds of ethics
- Adopt and create new processes to ensure repeatability/scalability across the team and company
- Work closely with sales and cross-functional leadership to increase efficiencies across the organization
- Build teams that can engage new and existing users of HashiCorp technology to educate and enable on how they can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Build and maintain a culture of excellence across that team that focuses on diversity and inclusion
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain top talent by providing career development and performance management coaching to enable team members to meet and exceed objectives
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around Account/Opportunity planning, Demand Generation, Discovery & Qualification, Technical & Business Validation, and Success Planning KPIs within the Sales process
- Align with EAM, SE, and TAM leadership to ensure pre & post-sales activities are properly executed
- Build and maintain strong relationships with EAM, TAM, and cross-functional leadership to ensure overall Customer Success
- Drive SE-led outbound Demand Generation activity within the team by making use of the tools available (enablement/education via Workshops, Health Checks, etc.)
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for your team’s target accounts
- Ensure opportunities are accurately qualified based on BANT & MEDDPIC
- Accurately forecast business on a monthly and quarterly cadence
- Provide expert guidance and enable your teams on Development Operations (DevOps) concepts with a focus on infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio and competitive landscape
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations to ensure the solutions/products meets client business objectives
- Actively assist other Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful business outcomes
- Manage complex Enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Network Operations
- Align the value of the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Regular domestic air travel is required 3-4 days a week
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years formal SE leadership experience building and leading high performance SE teams
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, and leading large SE teams in 1st and 2nd line roles
- Consistent overachievement on Sales KPIs
- History of recruiting and developing both leaders and ICs on your teams in high growth companies
- Track record in closing large, complex deals across verticals in the Fortune 500 down through the Global 2000
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the CxO level
- Integrity and “lead by example” mentality are hallmarks of your leadership style
- Humility with an infectious intellectual curiosity to be a constant learner vs. the smartest person in the room
- Believe in a metrics driven approach to Sales success and a history of using that belief to create your successes
- Significant Enterprise Sales and customer development experience
- Experience in Open Source Software and DevOps business models
- Proficient in concepts around Cloud and infrastructure automation
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting alongside Sales leader counterpart
- Significant experience in selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Experience in working with Salesforce and other sales oriented tracking tools
- Physically reside in the geography you would be leading with the expectation to travel 3-4 days a week
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MF1