Information Systems Engineer
United States - New York Metro (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role:
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber Information Systems Engineer LOCATED IN THE US ON THE EAST COAST who will provide both support to our employees and help grow the infrastructure that helps us scale! The role requires significant hands-on experience, as this person will be working on long-term projects as well as balancing day-to-day user support.
Reporting to the Manager of User Support, the Information Systems Engineer will be a key member of the IT Team, and will operate as a trusted advisor and primary resource for end-user support, as well as multi-functional support for both technical and non-technical groups at HashiCorp. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant and exciting change.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Perform analysis of systems and identify problem areas, identify ways of improving existing systems.
- Work with other team members to monitor, analyze system components and make recommendations regarding system security, network capacity.
- Design, build, configure and tackle problems with workstation technology management platforms (including, but not limited to, JAMF for macOS management).
- Coordinate with Engineering, Development/QA and other functional group to roll out and adopt new services/platforms.
- Be an authority for macOS and Windows systems design, integration, and interoperability.
- Provide support for users of various technical backgrounds for users around the globe (US and EMEA).
- Integrate the various SaaS platforms that our end users use daily with SAML providers as needed.
- Support the on-boarding and off-boarding of new HashiCorp employees, as well as the infrastructure to automate these processes.
- Perform hardware procurement for staff and set-up hardware repair with third-party vendors such as Apple, Dell and Lenovo.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 7+ years of experience with MacOS and working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on user support in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience with deploying one or more IAM solutions, including user provisioning, role-based access control, authentication, and authorization, such as Okta, SailPoint, CyberArk, PowerBroker, Active Directory, or ForgeRock
- 5+ years of experience of hardware component concepts, storage, load balancing, firewalls, server class hardware, and clustering solutions
- 5+ years of experience administering enterprise SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Google Apps and Dropbox
- 3+ years of experience with JAMF, including package building, policy enforcement and user training
- 3+ years of experience tracking tickets via ZenDesk, JIRA or other enterprise ticketing systems
- Understanding of network and infrastructure services concepts such as DNS, NTP, DHCP, and SNMP
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem
- Creative problem solving and aptitude for systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgement and tact required.
- Ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully prioritize multiple items and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Incumbent may be on call to provide support services during off-hours.
- Key attributes required - Sense of humor, kindness, humility and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree is helpful, but not required.
- Industry-standard certifications such as CCNA, Google IT Certification, RHCE or Server+ are preferred, but not required.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to establishing a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1