Engineering Manager, Terraform Enablement
UK (Remote), Germany (Remote), Netherlands (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform Providers ecosystem. The role will cover the Terraform Registry (one of our most trafficked web properties and the reference site used by many Terraform users) and the plugin/provider SDK. The Terraform Registry is how users of Terraform discover and use plugins written with the SDK.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical due to the nature of the audience of the two primary projects. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Go.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Manage the Terraform Enablement team members and oversee delivery of new versions / features
- Coach and mentor team members and support career growth and an inclusive team environment
- Partner with stakeholders to support strategic initiatives including reworking/reimagining how people write Terraform providers and plugins
- Collaborate with a very large OSS community and some of the largest infrastructure providers to help address a wide range of use cases
- Document and share processes and practices among Terraform team members
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire a diverse global team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have::
- Experience with large public websites or marketplaces and what that entails (SEO, accessibility, etc.)
- Experience with API design and SDK architecture or ownership of the delivery of SDK components to large audiences
- Minimum of one year of experience directly managing software engineers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing remote teams or working in a hyper-growth environment is a strong plus
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Excellent communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems or use of Terraform and/or other DevOps tooling to manage infrastructure
- Passionate about open-source solutions
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, Terraform or our SDK team in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.