United States - San Francisco, California (HQ)
Remote, United States
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards and Operations, this role will be the first member of the Immigration/Global Mobility team and thrive in a fast-paced environment experiencing significant and exciting change. This individual will be responsible for owning HashiCorp’s global immigration strategy and program. They will be a champion for our new hires and current employees that require immigration assistance by working closely with our immigration counsel to see cases from start to finish.
In this role you can expect to...
- Build HashiCorp’s Immigration strategy and global program
- Assist with the operation of HashiCorp’s domestic & international immigration program
- Act as the primary point of contact for candidates, employees, recruiters, managers, and People Business Partners on all aspects of U.S. and global immigration, including visas, work permits, and permanent residency
- Partner closely with external immigration counsel to initiate, track, and review immigration cases, ensuring high service level standards
- Assisting foreign nationals with immigration procedures, answering inquiries and educating on immigration related information
- Liaising with foreign national population and partner law firms to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes for both the employee and the company
- Ensuring all filings, including applications for visas and work permits, are completed accuratelyand in a timely manner, in partnership with external counsel
- Monitor active immigration cases, research and address/resolve complex assignment issues, including escalations; identify and communicate service resolution to all parties
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with worldwide HR and business leadership across all geographies as Immigration knowledge center
- Consult with and educate managers and business leaders on immigration policies and strategy
- Provide subject matter expertise and ensure company compliance with appropriate regulations/guidelines
- Participate in the International Expansion Taskforce to assess immigration processes and costs as HashiCorp expands its hiring into new countries
- Evolve HashiCorp’s global immigration program as needed by collecting internal feedback and external market trends; recommend and assist with implementation of strategic and operational program changes
- Assist with initiatives to enhance HashiCorp’s immigration program, drive efficiencies, and identify creative solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly increasing global and mobile employee base.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in a U.S. business immigration role
- Previous experience in building an immigration strategy and program from the ground up
- Subject matter expertise in U.S. visa types, processes, and immigration laws
- The ability to articulate complex/nuanced immigration issues to various stakeholders
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive matters with compassion and urgency
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Proficient in MacOS, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1