Sr. Product Designer, Practitioner Experience
United States (Remote)
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Sr Product Designer in our Practitioner Experience team.
About the Role
The Practitioner Experience team at HashiCorp is a collection of designers and developers with a passion for practitioners using our platform. Our mission is to win the hearts and minds of our practitioners, crafting journeys that span our digital properties, setting them up for success on our platform to learn, experiment, and engage with HashiCorp and our extended practitioner community.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio, your CV or LinkedIn profile, and 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences, plus a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you.
We're looking for someone with:
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of design systems, engaging microsites, Figma libraries, digital experiments, CSS art, or anything else—show us what you’ve got!
- 5+ years of relevant web design experience—ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- Fundamental understanding of the formal elements of design–not just limited to the web–and including typography, layout, balance, rhythm, and proportion
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with web product owners, researchers, and the rest of the design team to help develop and expand design concepts
- Craft novel moments of storytelling and delight for our digital properties like HashiCorp.com, customer case studies, product pages, and more
- Partner with product marketing teams to define information architecture and tell the right stories
- Synthesize broadly scoped, loose concepts, into defined, tactical deliverables
- Collaborate closely with designer-developers and engineers to shape your work together
- Help the team influence strategic decisions across all the corners of our web presence
You may be a good addition to the team if you have:
- A passion for the technical possibilities offered by the web as your medium
- An ability to reduce complex problems down into pithy stories, delivered through interaction or animation
- Experience designing for marketing websites, or developer-focused online experiences
- Laser-focus on pushing your work until every detail is covered
- An ability to explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Obsessive about either UI, UX, or visual design
- A systems-perspective, and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Experience applying those systems to design-system-driven websites—and moreover, know how to balance maintainability with adaptability
- A love for working with other designers to reinforce a culture of mutual learning and growth
- Experience working on a remote, cross-functional design team
Attributes we look for in successful product designers:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1