Sr. Business Systems Analyst - People
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
As the Sr. People Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by the People(HR) team at HashiCorp. This role works closely with global HR business partners & talent teams to effectively identify requirements, define scalable business processes, implement changes, manage project plans and coordinate cloud systems upgrade releases.
You will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and delivery of solutions primarily focused on Workday HCM, Greenhouse, CultureAmp, Sapling, SAP Litmos, Lattice and any associated integrations. You will lead the scoping/planning of solutions on new technologies to support the People team. We are looking to onboard a Sr. Business Systems Analyst with experiences in transitioning organizations to Workday HRIS platform including Workday integrations, Workday configurations and report writing, and data analytics.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner closely with the People team to build a foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Be the go-to Business Systems Analyst for Workday responsible for scoping, planning, eliciting requirements (business and system requirements, integration, data migration) including staying abreast of new functionality released that can improve business processes.
- Provide technical and functional support/expertise across Employee experience platforms, ATS applications, time management, employee welfare, benefits and payroll systems. Serve as SME across various application platforms.
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle (SDLC) activities - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Assesses current system utilization; Provide product support, track critical issues, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors support teams to resolve issues as needed.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Use a consultative approach with partners to build business capability matrices and system scalability measures for People system portfolio.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to identify system and process improvements, deliver business and technical requirements with business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, and user acceptance tests. Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Be a liaison between People Operations team and system implementation partners by driving quality output and deliverables per SOW within timelines.
- Act as the project manager for medium to small initiatives – identify and communicate with partners, risk identification and mitigation, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Partner with our Governance, Risk and Compliance team to implement compliance processes for GDPR, CCPA etc.
- Manages SaaS Upgrade releases including develop and maintain technical documentation, lead communication for features released in SaaS upgrades and conduct end-user training.
- Keep track of standard methodologies, trends and advancements including AI in the field of HR technology.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, HR or related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive core HR business process knowledge, including but not limited to; Onboarding, Offboarding, Recruitment, Benefits, Time management, leave management, etc.
- 4+ years of Configuration and hands-on experience in Workday HCM in - Core HCM, Talent Acquisition, Compensation Management, Time & Absence, Payroll, Compensation and Benefits
- 3+ years’ experience in implementation of system integrations including requirements gathering, setting up integrations and testing. For custom integrations, gather business requirements and translate into technical requirements for integration developers and perform system testing.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and assisting with the software selection process.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence and delivering results.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Commitment to excellence in delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1