Sr. Technical Program Manager/Technical Program Manager
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the team
As part of the Technical Program Management team at HashiCorp, you'll plan and execute strategic initiatives and manage operational aspects of software delivery. You'll also improve cohesion and establish great ways to work together with our cross-functional partners in product marketing, design, customer success, legal and sales. You should have a strong appreciation for the scaling process while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Through your work program managing, defining workflows and process, you'll enable scalability and greater efficiency, as well as overall engineering team health.
Our engineering team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role requires a very resourceful individual to drive complex programs and initiatives across multiple disciplines primarily product delivery, launch, adoption activities and steering strategic engineering initiatives end-to-end.
In this role you can expect to...
- Lead coordination and planning for engineering projects and activities to ensure that the processes run smoothly.
- Manage the interaction between engineering and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication to coordinate between engineering and project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall project health.
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great engineering culture and removes obstacles to task and project completion
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 7+ years of experience as a project or program manager with experience establishing programs, prior experience managing IT/software projects through full lifecycles
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- An appreciation for engineering practice and process and are able to advocate for project owners as needed
- Experience in a rapid growth engineering organization working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1