Product Designer, Consul Cloud
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
As a Product Designer working on Consul Cloud, you’ll collaborate tightly with product management, engineering, as well as designers and researchers to design a cloud-first mesh networking experience. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our technical users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution and customer value and impact.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers on user experience challenges across the UI, CLI, and API
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Lead design projects beginning to end, including facilitating design sprints/workshops and presenting your work to stakeholders, customers, and open-source users
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Have a minimum 4 years of product design experience
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with service mesh networking and microservices architectures
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.