HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to drive business development and sales growth by providing technical expertise around Development Operations specifically in the context of multiple technical (development. operations, and security) and executive audiences.
In this role you can expect to...
- Lead as a domain expert in Development Operations to the sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in large Financial Services, Healthcare, Web, Retail and other industry verticals
- Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support and ongoing client relationships
- Ability to provide expert guidance on Development Operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio and the competitive landscape
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations and proof of concepts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives
- Actively assist other Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are welcome as well
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Domestic and occasionally international travel required
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SP1