Director, Partner Marketing - Technology Partners
United States - San Francisco, California (HQ)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced marketer to work with our growing ecosystem of partners to accelerate adoption and sales of the HashiCorp products. The role will involve building and maintaining relationships with our key Technology partners while creating joint messaging and expanding co-marketing activities to drive demand for our Cloud Operating Model core products (Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad) and our emerging products (Waypoint, Boundary, etc.).
This role requires a strong balance of people management, relationship building, program/project management, content creation, and Go-to-Market planning and execution. Close collaboration and consensus-building with Product Marketing, Alliances, and Partner Sales will be critical for success. This is a full-time position ideally based in the San Francisco Bay area, but remote locations will be considered. The role will report to the Sr. Director of Partner Marketing and will include a moderate amount of travel, once travel resumes.
In this role you can expect to...
- Work with the HashiCorp Alliances team to build strong relationships with technology partners, drive the creation of joint annual marketing programs with strategic partners to drive adoption, leverage and amplify our messaging, and build HashiCorp sales pipeline
- Manage the team of Partner Marketing Managers that focus on technology partners
- Drive our participation in technology partner-led marketing programs (e.g. digital marketing, joint whitepapers, case studies, and webinars/workshops)
- Work with Product Marketing on the creation of core messaging and collateral for joint solutions; this includes enablement content for field sales teams
- Build product-focused knowledge around each HashiCorp product line to support partners to drive ecosystem growth and standardization around our products
- Provide guidance, input, and oversight for partner-led material creation (e.g. blogs, press releases, briefs, etc.)
- Provide consistent, on-going, and programmatic communication and enablement to technology partners
- Manage the presence of technology partners throughout HashiCorp websites and build out/maintain the technology partner program
- Partner with Alliance leads and Corporate Communications to announce and bring industry attention to important joint releases of products and integrations. Support similar efforts internally
- Partner with the HashiCorp Revenue Marketing team to generate tech partner-sourced leads that align to our demand generation and go-to-market programs. Stay connected as needed with Field and Channel Marketing programs that include partners.
- Work closely with the HashiCorp field team to support our presence and marketing efforts around technology partner trade shows and HashiCorp led field events
- Support delivery of our annual Partner Summit activities at HashiConf and HashiConf EU, alongside the Alliances team
- Work with partners and HashiCorp Corporate Communications to deliver joint customer use cases, awards, and competency achievements
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- The ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Working knowledge of software infrastructure, automation, DevOps, multi-cloud concepts and trends and SaaS solutions
- Experience setting and driving the strategic direction of the Tech Partner Marketing function through aligned planning and smart, targeted tactics
- Knowledge of open source business model and corresponding implications for partnerships is a plus
- Competency in building and maintaining strong relationships
- A history of implementing cross-company and cross-team processes and measuring/reporting success
- Orchestrated successful joint marketing programs across partner and internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7-10 years of partner marketing experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SY1 #LI-REMOTE