Sr. Manager, Business Systems - Finance
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
As Enterprise Business Systems Manager - Finance Systems, you will play a key role within the Finance Business Systems team at HashiCorp, working closely with Finance leadership and internal stakeholders as we transform our back-office capabilities. As Head of Business Systems - Finance, you will be working cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for user experience and quality, critical thinking, and focus on long term strategy to craft secure, high performing and scalable solutions that meet business and technology objectives.
You will be a founding member of the core Finance Business Systems team that in partnership with stakeholders will be responsible for selecting the best technology for needs, designing, building, and helping maintain the ERP(NetSuite), Anaplan, Coupa, Avalara, Hyperion, Subscription Management software (Salesforce Billing or Zuora Billing) and other related technologies supporting the Finance organization.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the Finance business systems relationship and in partnership with Finance leaders craft yearly strategy/systems roadmap to help HashiCorp scale
- Partner closely with the Finance team to build a foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc. Ability to prioritize projects in collaboration with business partners.
- Work with the Business Systems Leadership on IT strategic planning, budgeting, and communication, including prioritizing the IT Enterprise Roadmap and building out core IT processes in a fast-growing company.
- Develop and manage business relationships with software partners, vendors, and implementation or managed service providers. Partner with the Procurement team to get the best value from our SaaS investments.
- Work with the security and compliance teams to ensure the systems being implemented are compliant and secure, adhering to HashiCorp processes/procedures in place.
- Assist with crafting a hiring plan for the pillar and help to hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged and culture-focused high performing team through coaching and mentoring team members.
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle (SDLC) activities including integration projects - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate discovery sessions, identify system and process improvements, deliver business and technical requirements with business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, and user acceptance tests. Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Be a liaison between the finance team and system implementation partners by driving quality output and deliverables per SOW within timelines.
- Act as the project manager for medium to small initiatives – identify and communicate with stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Set the stage for crafting SOX and controls required for a public company. Partner with our Compliance team to implement and execute compliance processes for SOX, GDPR etc.
- Keep track of best practices, trends and advancements including AI in the field of Finance technology.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Financial business processes and 10 + years hands-on technical experience with ERP Systems (Netsuite or other ERP) and systems in finance architecture such as SAP Concur, Coupa, BlackLine, Anaplan and Hyperion
- Experience with Revenue Recognition related system implementation is a huge plus.
- Proven experience managing vendor relationships and assisting with the software selection process.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence and delivering results.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-ES1