Sr. Customer Education Engineer
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
We are looking for a Customer Education Engineer to join our growing Customer Education team! As a Customer Education Engineer, you will help our customers realize value from our products by designing, building, and creating best-in-class curriculum & content to support delivering the right education at the right time throughout the Customer Journey. The ideal Customer Education Engineer has a depth of knowledge from hands-on experience in a DevOps or infrastructure automation role, familiarity with the HashiCorp product suite, strong written communication skills, and a passion for education and customer enablement.
In this role you can expect to...
- Design and create digital Self-Service & Instructor Led Training (ILT) content
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on HashiCorp architecture, tools and products
- Work closely with our CSMs (Customer Success Managers), CSAs (Customer Success Architects), SEs (Solutions Engineers), ISEs (Implementation Services Engineers), and Partners to identify relevant topics for enablement material
- Keep Customer Education content up-to-date as our products and our customer’s needs evolve
- Provide direct customer feedback to our Product Management, Product Engineering and Support teams
- Build and maintain lab environments to give customers hands-on experience with our products
- Provide a delightful customer experience via digital and hands on education
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Implementation or Professional Services, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 5 years in a customer facing/customer success role
- Ability to provide guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large enterprise companies
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Experience with interactive learning platforms like Instruqt, Katacoda, Qwiklabs, etc.
- Experience creating and iterating on written technical guidance
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Applicants with HashiCorp Certification are a plus
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1