Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Providers
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
About the role:
The Cloud Services team is an organization focused on delivering Hashicorp’s software as a cloud service. We develop standard patterns, processes, and build tooling that accelerates internal teams adoption and best practice utilization of third party SaaS providers; with specific focus on reducing risk, cost, and time to value. Simply put, we build automation that makes other engineering teams’ lives easier to deploy and manage their infrastructure in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP). Additionally, we develop and implement best practices of other supporting 3rd party SaaS tools that are utilized throughout the engineering organization.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering Cloud Services’ applications
- Partner with internal engineering teams to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Write code and scripts to automate infrastructure and other common workflows
- Own and ensure that internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations, System centric KPIs are continuously monitored and improved
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Conduct cloud infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Pair with 3rd party vendors to help HashiCorp engineering teams integrate following best practices
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- Comfortable with any of (GoLang, C++, Java, C#, Python or similar object oriented programming languages)
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.