Manager, Engineering - Consul
United States (Remote), Canada (Remote)
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role focused on managing an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and participating in architectural & technical discussions and guidance.
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Manage and support a growing team of product software engineers
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering either Consul product to a fast-growing customer base
- Work directly with the Consul community and HashiCorp customer to improve the product
- Hire and grow a team in a fast-growing organization
- Ensure high reliability of Consul through thoughtful testing and release practices
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if...
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on small or large teams
- You have experience working with distributed software
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You’ve worked with engineers utilizing, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- You have a passion for the Unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.