Sr. Product Manager - Vault Developer Experience
United States (Remote)
Location: Remote US or Canada
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. This role is dedicated to ensure that Vault provides seamless user experiences for Developers. You will drive the strategy and development to design & improve Vault workflows for both roles.
This role is for someone who will understand the challenges and pain-points in each of these workflows and design the optimal experience for developers. You will set the strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Vault engineering team to support release cycles in order to ensure a rich Developer Experience for application developers using Vault. You will work with our leaders in both engineering and product to establish the investment strategy for this area.
In this role you can expect to
- Create and execute the strategy for developer tools including SDKs, Sandbox, dashboard and technical documentation
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Inspire your peers to build a partnership in delivering excellent products and services along with engineering, product, design and marketing teams
- Actively participate in and be a thought leader in the open-source community and well versed in industry best practices, patterns and tools.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer focused products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1