Sr. Software Engineer - Fullstack, Consul Cloud
United States (Remote)
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
About the role:
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, and HCP Consul on AWS. You’ll work with a cross functional team of engineers and designers to contribute to our UI, CLI, and other Go backend services. This is a generalist role with the opportunity to grow into either more front-end work or back-end depending on your interests and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across our product, on both the front-end (Ember) and back-end (Golang).
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers.
- Be a part of a distributed team (we’re in NA and Europe).
- Contribute to the design and implementation of extremely large-scale systems.
- Support the applications you build by being a part of an on-call rotation.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Experience with a front-end technology (Ember, Angular, React, etc).
- Experience with a back-end technology (Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc).
- Familiarity with micro-services architectures.
- Ability to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.