Software Engineer, Backend (Boundary)
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a distributed team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Boundary, a secure access management solution built for cloud-native environments. Boundary allows organizations of all sizes the ability to access infrastructure and applications with fine grained security controls and auditing. Boundary is a young product in the HashiCorp Security line, and we’re looking for great engineers with interest in security and cloud automation to come join our growing team.
About the Role
You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Boundary. Being a young project, Boundary’s development area is broad and deep. We’re working to develop everything from a plugin system to allow seamless community contributions and extensions of Boundary’s core features, to the implementation of cryptographic sub-systems that will allow secure recording and playback of sessions taking place over many different types of network protocols.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop, advocate for, and support new and existing features for the Boundary product
- Contribute in our growing open source community
- Provide code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if some of the following apply:
- You have experience with the Golang programming language.
- You have a working understanding of privileged access management and tools such as SSH.
- You have experience working with distributed systems.
- You have experience with Open Source Software.
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts.
- You have experience using Vault or Boundary.
- You have experience implementing practical cryptography.
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
About the Application Process:
We’re growing a building a diverse team of engineers in all levels. If this sounds like a role that is interesting please reach out!
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Boundary team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.